Wildplastic recruits for Content and Social Media
Deutsche Kurzbeschreibung der Stelle:
Du nimmst unsere aktuellen und zukünftigen Follower:innen mit auf eine Reise und bist für die Produktion, Verteilung und Verwaltung von Inhalten auf allen unseren sozialen Kanälen verantwortlich. Es geht um Videos auf TikTok, authentische Geschichten auf Instagram und um alles andere, was deiner Meinung nach passieren muss. Diese Rolle ist ein Aufruf an alle kreativen Köpfe, die die Welt vom Plastikmüll befreien wollen! Die Inhalte werden meistens auf Deutsch sein. Gute Englischkenntnisse sind aber trotzdem wichtig, weil unsere Unternehmenssprache Englisch ist und Calls mit dem ganzen Team auch meistens auf Englisch stattfinden.
CONTENT & SOCIAL MEDIA
FULL-TIME | HAMBURG OR REMOTE (F/M/*)
79% of all plastic waste has been emitted into the environment, causing irreversible damage to our ecosystems and societies. We at WILDPLASTIC are on a mission to recover this plastic, turning it into circular products. And you will be telling and sharing this wild story with the world!
Taking our current and future followers on a journey, you will be responsible for content production, distribution and management across all our social media channels. We’re talking WILD videos on TikTok, authentic stories on Instagram and everything else you believe needs to happen. This role is calling all creative minds who want to change the world for good!
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- producing truly WILD content (short form video, stories, etc.) for social media, activating our brand
- development of new content formats and content schedules
- managing our social handles (TikTok, Insta, FB, LinkedIn, etc.) and interacting with our WILDcommunity on all platforms
- analyzing and optimizing content creation, keeping a close eye on key metrics
- tight collaboration with brand, art direction & marketing on all efforts
WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- storytellers, digital natives who absolutely love creating unique and original content for social media
- high awareness of waste situation in the global South, it’s effects and how to communicate in a sensitive, non-discriminatory and empowering way
- passionate creators who have produced for TikTok, Insta, FB and know the latest trends, also love to be in front of the camera (for the content formats you develop, e.g. interviews, stories, trips)
- a good understanding of authentic brand communication, ideally you’ve studied communication or marketing
- excellent copywriting and texting skills for all mediums (German and English)
- sharp skills with analytical as well as social media publishing tools
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our common purpose is simple: Recovering the world’s wild plastic! And we are building an environment which empowers everyone to fully unfold and develop their true potential.
- You’ll work alongside an impact-driven team with lots of fun and talented people on board. And we are
not alone – there’s an epic WILDnetwork of mentors, partners and supporters on our side
- WILDPLASTIC is self-organized with no classic hierarchies but clear roles and responsibilities
- We are a purpose company, not for sale and reinvest all our profits into the mission
- You can work remotely, hybrid or in Hamburg. If you work from Hamburg we have a unique office in Speicherstadt – UNESCO world heritage
- You will receive all the gear you need for the job (laptop, home office equipment, work mobile phone)
- Our teamwork is guided by clear principles and values which you find in our People@WILDPLASTIC Manifesto
HOW TO APPLY?
You’re hyped about the role and want to join our journey towards clean, regenerated ecosystems?
We cannot wait to hear from you!
PLEASE SEND A SHORT 1-MINUTE VIDEO (WHY YOU APPLY) AND YOUR CV TO HELLO@WILDPLASTIC.COM
WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
We welcome all applications – regardless of background, gender, identity, religion, mobility, age or any other form or factor.
We are posting this job advertisement on MyUrbanology, because we know that we need more perspectives, skills and experiences of BI_PoC in our team to build an organisation and to create content that is less influenced by white blind spots and biases and more sensitive towards discrimination experiences.
Desired start date is AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Application DEADLINE IS 07.01.2022
WILDPLASTIC is a steward-owned impact start-up on a mission to recover the world’s wild plastic, contributing to a functioning circular economy. In a tight partnership with waste management organisations in countries like Nigeria, Ghana, India and Liberia we give back value to plastic waste. All our products are made from recovered, recycled plastic. Each product saves up to 70% CO2, improves waste picker’s working conditions and regenerates ecosystems.
Although there is endless plastic waste out there, the demand for WILDPLASTIC has significantly outgrown our current supply. Together with our partners we want to grow capacities and support them to collect more plastic waste, while trading fairly (WFTO-certified), fully traceable (through technology partners) and impact-proof (scientific life cycle analysis).
ABOUT THIS JOB OFFER
This job offer is part of a cooperation between WILDPLASTIC and MyUrbanology.
We are in direct contact with the team at WILDPLASTIC. WILDPLASTIC would be especially happy about applications from BIPoC, people from the Sinti and Roma Communites, Black people, people with handicaps as well as people identifying as Trans*Inter*NonBinary.
We offer you jobs on our platforms, when we think they match the values and expectations of the MyU Community. At the same time, we can`t look inside the companies and the daily work circumstances. We want to let you know, that we make our selection of job offers based on our best intentions and knowledge and hope you can make good experiences in the recruiting process and possibly on the job.
In order to recommend more companies, that take their responsibility and diversity orientation seriously, we are therefore more than happy to hear about your experiences.